Crisis therapists provide supportive counseling, outreach, assessment, and referral information to individuals experiencing an emotional crisis or interpersonal difficulties. We offer immediate, short-term help to individuals who experience an event that produces emotional, mental, physical, and behavioral distress or problems.
Crisis therapists specialize in the following services:
- De-escalating and supporting an individual or family crisis
- Serve as a liaison to police, emergency departments, mental health facilities, and providers
- Complete risk assessments and safety planning
- Give brief follow-up and support to individuals and families after a crisis
- Offer information about community resources
- Identify alternatives to hospitalization when possible, and facilitate voluntary or involuntary hospitalization when appropriate
- Provide information to community agencies about mental health and crisis intervention
Crisis intervention provides telephone, walk-in, and mobile services, which are all available
24 hours a day.
Telephone crisis services consist of brief telephone counseling for individuals who exhibit acute emotional distress that may include behavior or social relationships.
Walk-in crisis services are face-to-face contacts with individuals in crisis. Services include risk assessment, information and referral, crisis counseling, crisis resolution, and safety planning.
Mobile crisis services are individual and team delivered crisis intervention services that are provided at a community site where the crisis is occurring. Mobile crisis services include risk assessment, brief crisis intervention, safety planning, referral, and follow-up.
Our response team aims to reduce the intensity of a person's reaction to a crisis and to help individuals return to their previous level of functioning.
Once the crisis has been addressed and stabilized, we coordinate and provide follow-up treatment services here at Columbia Community Mental Health, as well as with other agencies.
We have trained professionals standing by to assist you or someone you know. Please call us, anytime of the day or night.